In the war-torn, mineral-rich Democratic Republic of Congo, rebels belonging to an armed group known as the M23 have launched a devastating offensive against the government of President Joseph Kabila, capturing the main provincial capital of Goma in the country’s east, according to reports. Though denied by the Rwandan government, many believe the M23 is armed and backed by Rwanda, as regional governments jostle for influence and control over a part of the world blessed with teeming natural wealth but afflicted by decades of war and human-rights abuses.
- RT @realDonaldTrump: Hard to believe that the Democrats, who have gone so far LEFT that they are no longer recognizable, are fighting so ha… 55 minutes ago
- RT @realDonaldTrump: In America, we don't worship government - we worship God. #ValuesVotersSummit https://t.co/YQ3iDlWylK 56 minutes ago
- RT @realDonaldTrump: Today, I announced our strategy to confront the Iranian regime’s hostile actions and to ensure that they never acquire… 56 minutes ago
- RT @FoxNews: TONIGHT on "Justice," @JudgeJeanine talks to special guests @EricTrump and @LaraLeaTrump - Tune in at 9p ET on Fox News Channe… 57 minutes ago
- RT @realDonaldTrump: The Failing @nytimes, in a story by Peter Baker, should have mentioned the rapid terminations by me of TPP & The Paris… 57 minutes ago
- RT @realDonaldTrump: .@foxandfriends "Russia sent millions to Clinton Foundation" 59 minutes ago